27 September 2012

Les Jardins du Trocadero

So, I've talked about my apartment already. But I haven't really mentioned where it is. Basically, I live just a few blocks away from Trocadero. For those who don't know, Trocadero is the most popular viewing area of the Eiffel Tower. It also has amazing gardens on either side of a giant fountain area.

Most mornings before class, I try to go jogging around said gardens, early enough to beat the tourists. This is what I see during my run:

leaving my apartment, heading down the street

entering the gardens













on sunny days, this is my favorite study spot


Eiffel Tower approaching

fountains!


every hour, they shoot off the big cannons - it's a pretty awesome sight

last glance back as I head back home
I love living so close to Trocadero. It's such a nice place to hang out, as long as you know where to avoid all the tourists and people trying to sell you cheap souvenirs. But it's such a large area that it's not too hard to do so. Like I said, you just gotta know when and where is best.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment