15 September 2012

Le Jardin du Luxembourg

I feel like it’s time to start talking about some of the adventures I’ve had so far! My first week in Paris was “Orientation” at AUP but that pretty much just meant that we had time to go around and explore the city and do what we wanted, with a few mandatory meetings mixed in here or there...

My first adventure was a trip to the Luxembourg Gardens. It was only a short walk from the FIAP hostel at which we were staying at that time. So I went with a few friends to explore.

so picturesque!
It's pretty amazing. So gorgeous. I think I just love gardens in general, but this one is kind of awesome. It's a huge place too. We didn't even walk through half of it when we went. There are tons of paths that lead to cute little sitting areas or playgrounds for the kids or areas for tennis and other sports.

best playground EVER - too bad there's an age limit, or we would have been all over it

The main stretch in front of the palace is the coolest in my opinion. It's so symmetrical, and then you get to all the beautiful flowers in front of this amazing palace. Plus the fountain area in front has a place where you can rent little sailboats and sail them in the water! So many grandpas and kids making memories. Too cute!






This particular garden is famous for it's green chairs located all throughout the place. I don't know why. I guess none of the other gardens have places to sit...

There are many works of art throughout the garden as well, mainly sculptures. One in particular stands out: the mini Statue of Liberty. It is one of the models built before the real one was given to the United States.
funny, I've never actually seen the real Statue of Liberty, but I've seen the ones in France...
A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment